Frequently Asked Questions
The main aim of my work is to help my clients achieve a better state of health and wellbeing as quickly, safely and effectively as possible. I believe in empowering people – enabling them to learn new ways of dealing with and healing their own issues. My approach to therapy always encompasses the body, mind and spirit. Therefore I often use elements from multiple modalities and techniques in a single session.
The main focus is positive results every time you come here. People often have questions about aspects of my work, or the techniques used. I will try to address as many of those issues as possible here. If your question is not answered here, however, please contact me, and I’ll be happy to help.
Your confidentiality is important to me, and I protect it at all times. I follow my own moral guide when the ethical treatment of people is concerned.
As a complementary health practitioner and counsellor, I am also bound by the governing ethical guidelines and laws of the UK.
Below is my promise to you:
1. I will ensure your confidentiality and abide by any legal requirements
2. I will not disclose any information about you to a third party without your permission. If such an agreement is sought (for instance permission to use your testimonial on my page or share with others otherwise), I will explain to you how the information will be communicated and for what purpose. I will inform you of any unanticipated communication with a third party (for instance, your relatives are inquiring about your progress), together with the content of the communication, as soon as possible thereafter.
3. I will ensure that any information obtained about you is kept confidential in all other professional
relationships involving the member and the client.
4. I will treat with discretion and confidentiality, any discussion, information or opinion which may be prejudicial to another party.
In exceptional circumstances, in the interests, your safety I may have to disclose information obtained during our session. In advance of this disclosure, whenever practicable, I will first obtain your permission.
I am also obliged to break confidentiality if my client discloses information that may breach the following laws:
- The Terrorism Act 2000 (as amended by the Anti-Terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001, the Terrorism Act 2006 and the Terrorism Act 2000 and Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (Amendment) Regulations 2007).
- The Money Laundering Regulations 2007
- The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations 2017
- The Drug Trafficking Act 1994
- I voluntarily abide by the Codes of Ethics and Practice for Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland.
- Subject to you submitting your client questionnaire and being satisfied that the therapies I offer can help alleviate your health issue, I agree to provide you with a number of sessions as discussed when we first meet or communicate otherwise, including digitally. You are not contracted to any specific number of sessions. You may terminate therapy without further cost at any time you wish.
- The typical duration of your initial consultation is 90 minutes. It includes ‘diagnostic’ of the causes of your issue, using conventional and alternative approaches, discussion of the treatment options and answers to your questions.
- I understand that in certain circumstances, it may be necessary for you to cancel your appointment last minute, or you may fail to attend and are unable to provide the notification. If you cancel your session with less than 24 hours notice, I reserve the right to retain half the session fee. If you don’t attend the session with no warning, I reserve the right to retain the full payment.
- Payment should be paid in advance (via Paypal or Bank transfer).
- The cost of therapy includes any written materials I may supply but doesn’t include remedies.
- Please refrain from recording sessions for privacy purposes.
- I will ensure your confidentiality within the codes of ethics and legal requirements and based on my moral principles. However, in exceptional circumstances, if I consider that there is a risk that you may harm yourself or others, I may have to seek help outside our relationship and share information with a third party. In advance of this disclosure, I will first consult you.
- In cases of information disclosure concerning acts of terrorism, vulnerable adult or child protection issues, or drug trafficking, I will have to break confidentiality. I will have to pass such disclosures onto the relevant authorities without delay. Please, exercise due consideration before disclosing anything of a previously unreported criminal nature, as I am obligated to contact appropriate authorities.
- Our therapeutic relationship will remain professional. We can agree on the boundaries of it (such as contact outside of our sessions) between us during our sessions.
- I will take notes during and after each session, which I will keep as per the Data Protection Act (1998). Your therapy notes will be securely stored at all times. I will discuss the disposal and retention of any such records at the end of our engagement or on-demand. This information will be disclosed to no one unless required under a court of law subpoena.
- If agreed payments for therapy have not been provided, then I reserve the right to terminate treatment.
- Therapy can be demanding, frustrating, and emotional at times. Sometimes, you may find this process very difficult and feel the need to end therapy. Your feedback on the process is essential, and I hope you will let me know if you feel unhappy with the treatment aspects. Please do try and communicate this, verbally or in writing. It would give us both the chance to address and resolve the issue. In the ordinary course of events, you will undoubtedly know when you are ready to finish therapy, and we will agree together on the work, if any, we need to do to prepare for this.
- I will not suddenly or without warning, terminate our contract, except in exceptional circumstances, which would become apparent during our work together. I will discuss it with you first.
- Please note any threats or acts of violence will invalidate this agreement, and our work will cease. Sessions will not take place if you arrive under the influence of alcohol or other substances. Sometimes therapy may not be appropriate at times of crisis when there is a high risk to your safety. In such a situation, we would discuss how you can access the crisis support you may need at that time.
- I will notify you of any holidays and breaks in advance if they impact your appointment schedule. However, there may also be occasions when appointments may be cancelled because of illness, attending training, or meetings. I will try to give you as much notice as possible of any cancellation and offer an alternative time. Therefore, please notify me if there are any changes in your contact details.
Almost any physical issue can be helped. Among the issues, I have helped to alleviate successfully are: digestive disorders, allergies, pain-related conditions, autoimmune diseases, sleep issues, skin problems, hormonal issues, diabetes, urinary and reproductive problems, even some cancers, to mention just a few.
Yes. The majority of my clients come to me with treatment-resistant mental health issues. Among successfully treated issues are stress-related issues, anxiety, depression, phobias, personality disorders, substance misuse issues, eating disorders, psychosis, PTSD, suicidal ideations and many others.
Circumstances causing emotional and spiritual disharmony can be improved, as, often, they are rooted inside our own psyche. Most common successfully treated issues in my practice are relationships problems, self-love issues, limiting beliefs, faulty perceptions and identity issues, feeling disempowered, lacking direction, inspiration and purpose in life, feeling unfulfilled and emotionally numb, loss of faith, as well as energy system imbalances and harmful energies influences.