Terms & Conditions
EUGENIE YOUNG’S GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Eugenie Young reserves the right to revise and update these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice, provided that any such change will not affect any purchases you have made before the change is implemented.
Please periodically review the Terms and Conditions. You understand and agree that if you use the Products after the date on which the Terms & Conditions have changed, Eugenie Young will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms & Conditions.
Copyright and Trademarks
The entire contents and design of Eugenie Young’s Web Site is proprietary to Eugenie Young or its content providers and is therefore protected by copyright laws. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, or publish any materials contained on the Eugenie Young’s Web Site and/or its e-
First of all, the information, ideas and commentaries on Eugenie Young’s Web site are protected under the Free Speech Laws in the entire civilised world. We have taken every care in the preparation of the content of this Web Site, however we cannot guarantee uninterrupted and totally reliable access to this Web Site, and so therefore cannot guarantee that the information will always be completely up to date and free of mistakes. Eugenie Young’s Web Site is provided on an “as it is, with all faults and as available” basis. Without any warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, warranties of title or non-
Your use of Eugenie Young’s Web Site is at your sole and own risk. You are responsible for taking all precautions you believe necessary or advisable to protect you against any claim, damage, loss or hazard that may arise by virtue of your use of this Site. Neither Eugenie Young nor anyone else involved in creating, producing or delivering Eugenie Young’s Web Site, its e-
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Eugenie Young’s Web Site is done at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or other device, or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. Eugenie Young shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the matters on this Web Site. Eugenie Young strives to provide valuable and accurate health information but its accuracy cannot always be guaranteed at 100%. The editors of the material contained herein have consulted sources believed to be reliable in their efforts to provide information that is correct at the time of posting. However, in view of the possibility of error by the authors, editors, or publishers of the works contained in Eugenie Young’s Web Site neither Eugenie Young nor any other party involved in the preparation of material contained on its Web Site or in its e-
All material in this website or any other electronic or mechanical publications and/or recordings are provided for information, educational or entertainment only and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction.
Patients and consumers reading articles, blogs or other material posted on Eugenie Young’s Web Site or e-
Neither the content nor any other service offered through Eugenie Young’s Web Site or its e-
The Eugenie Young’s Web Site may contain links to Web Sites operated by other parties. When you activate any of these you will leave the sylvielenoir.com Web Site. You acknowledge and agree that Eugenie Young is not responsible for the availability of any such external Sites or resources and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such Web Sites or resources. The linked Sites are not under the responsibility or control of Eugenie Young. Eugenie Young is therefore not responsible for the contents of any linked Site or any link contained in a linked Site or any changes or updates to such Sites.
The appearance of any product, service or Web Site link on Eugenie Young’s Web Site and/or in its e-
Ultimately, you are responsible for your own decisions, choices and health. Eugenie Young’s Alternative and Complementary Therapies and/ or Remedies do not replace medical advice, diagnosis or/and treatment.
Some of Eugenie Young Vibrational Remedies are in the form of Tablets consist of neutral pharmaceutical lactose tablets (sugar naturally contained in milk) as the base ingredient. Lactose being a sugar, if you suffer diabetes or any allergy to lactose, please advise prior your appointment.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Eugenie Young, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers and suppliers from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable solicitor’s fees, resulting from any violation of this agreement or any activity related to your account (including infringement of third parties’ worldwide intellectual property rights or negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing Eugenie Young’s Web Site and using your service account.
Waiver, Release and Limitation of Liability
You expressly agree that neither Eugenie Young, nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, service or information providers, partners, advertisers or suppliers shall have any liability to you under any theory of liability or indemnity in connection with your use of the Eugenie Young’s Web Site or its information. You hereby release and forever waive any and all claims you may have against Eugenie Young, her officers, directors, employees, agents, service or information providers or suppliers (including but not limited to claims based upon the negligence of Eugenie Young, its officers, directors, employees, agents, service or information providers, partners, advertisers or suppliers) for losses or damages you sustain in connection with your use of Eugenie Young’s Web Site.
Notwithstanding the foregoing paragraph, the total liability of Eugenie Young, her officers, directors, employees, agents, service or information providers, partners, advertisers and suppliers, if any, for losses or damages shall not exceed the fees paid by the user for the particular information or service provided. In no event shall Eugenie Young, its officers, directors, employees, agents, service or information providers, partners, advertisers or suppliers be liable to you for any losses or damages other than the amount referred to above. All other damages, direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive arising from any use of the information or other parts of Eugenie Young’s Web Site are hereby excluded even if Eugenie Young, its officers, directors, employees, agents, service or information providers, partners, advertisers or suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Neither Eugenie Young, nor any of its affiliates, directors, officers or employees, nor any third party vendor will be liable or have any responsibility of any kind for any loss or damage that you incur in the event of any failure or interruption of this Site, or resulting from the act or omission of any other party involved in making this Web Site or the data contained therein available to you, or from any other cause relating to your access to or your inability to access the Site or these materials, whether or not the circumstances giving rise to such cause may have been within the control of Eugenie Young or of any vendor providing software or services support.
Eugenie Young accepts no liability for any loss, which is not reasonably foreseeable, or for any personal or business loss (which includes loss of profits, contracts, goodwill, opportunity and other similar losses). Eugenie Young will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
Third Party Rights
The provisions of Indemnification and the Waiver, Release and Limitation of Liability are for the benefit of Eugenie Young and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and information providers. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
You expressly understand and agree not to post any information which (a) is libellous, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, false, unlawful, or contrary to the ownership or intellectual property rights of any other person, or (b) contains any virus, worm, or other code which is contaminating or destructive to the files or programs of Eugenie Young’s Web Site or any of its users. Eugenie Young may deny you access to all or part of the Eugenie Young’s Web Site if Eugenie Young, in our sole discretion, determines that you have engaged in conduct that violates the law or the terms of this agreement.
Advertisers and sponsors of the Eugenie Young’s Web Site and/or its e-
- Any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages that may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but not be limited to any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation, any loss of data suffered, cost of procurement of substitute goods or services, or other intangible loss;
- Any loss or damage that may be incurred by you, including but not limited to loss or damage as a result of:
- Any changes that Eugenie Young may make to the services or for any permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the services (or any features within the services);
- The deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store any content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through your use of the services;
- Your failure to provide Eugenie Young with accurate account information;
- Your failure to keep your password or account details secure and confidential;
If any clause or provision of this agreement is determined to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under present or future law, then, in that event, such clause or provision will be severed from this agreement without affecting the enforceability of all remaining clauses and provisions.
Cookies and IP Addresses
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our Site. We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
This can also include using ‘cookies’ which contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies enable us to monitor website traffic and to aggregate this data to perform statistical analyses of the characteristics and behaviour of the visitors to our Site. This helps us to understand which areas of the Site are of particular interest and also which pages are not being requested. Cookies also enable us to deliver a better and more personalised service, for example by allowing us to:
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognise you when you return to the Site.
You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening but this may mean that you are unable to use certain features on our site. The “Help” menu of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed or how to delete existing cookies from your hard drive visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we process and store your information
At or before the time the personal information is collected by us we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Personal information is de-
Uses of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, for example to fulfil your orders;
- To provide you with information, Products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have indicated that you wish to be contacted for such purposes by post, email, SMS, telephone or other means of electronic communication;
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our services.
Disclosure of your information
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If you have indicated that you wish to be contacted by selected third parties with information about those third parties’ goods and services;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions or other agreements;
- Or to protect our rights, property, or safety or those of our customers or other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
- Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or un-
The Site may, from time to time, contain hyperlinks to and from Internet sites operated by other organisations. If you follow a hyperlink to any of these sites, please note that they will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to such sites.
Access to your information
You have the right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to request a copy of the personal data, which we hold with reference to you. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee (not exceeding £10) for the provision of a copy of such data. You also have the right to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you. If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
Eugenie Young retains the information you provide to us to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user’s personal information, Eugenie Young cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online Products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Eugenie Young receives your transmission, she makes every effort to ensure its security on her systems.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are on-
We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you may request that an independent person (usually the Information Commissioner’s Office) investigate your complaint.
Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the Data Protection Act we recommend that you visit the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.gov.uk
BASIC TERMS & CONDITIONS PRIOR BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before booking your appointment or using this website. They are a legal agreement between you and Eugenie Young and can only be amended with her consent.
Ordering online, via email or over the phone
The word “Products” refers to all goods, remote treatments, services, bespoke design of vibrational remedies and vouchers advertised on the Eugenie Young’s Web Site. You may place an order to purchase a Product advertised for sale on the Site. You will have an opportunity to check and correct any input errors in your order up until the point at which you submit your order.
In the case of promotional campaigns, in the event of competing emails of acceptance on limited stock sale of Products, the email arrived first in date and time, will be the first order accepted, on the basis “first arrived, and first served”.
Eugenie Young takes pride in offering you a quality service. Her Vibrational Remedies are made in a caring environment. All Vibrational Remedies are packed with great care.
How the contract is formed between you and us
After placing an order over the phone, by email or on-
All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we may confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-
- we accept your order for Eugenie Young’s services either verbally or in writing.
The Contract will relate only to those Products we have confirmed. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products, which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation, or your verbally or in writing accepted order for Eugenie Young’s services.
For orders over the phone, the contract between us is made by the verbal acceptance of your order. Payment of your order is necessary prior to dispatch or/and bookings.
We may choose not to accept your order for any reason and we will not be liable to you or to anyone else in those circumstances. We may be unable to process your order or booking if:
- the Product you ordered is out of stock or discontinued;
- there is a problem with authorisation of the payment on your credit card; or
- Eugenie considers that she is unable to provide a solution to your stated problem.
Prices and Payment
All transactions are in British Pounds. Please allow for exchange rate fluctuations if this is not your usual currency.
The price of any Products will be as quoted on our Site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
Prices are liable to change at any time without prior notice, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
Your order has to be paid in full prior to dispatch.
Payment can be made by
We deliver anywhere in the world and will charge postage accordingly. Ask for a quote.
For all International Orders, Customs clearance, taxes and /or any duty incurred upon arrival are the responsibility of the buyer.
We will deliver all Products comprised in your order in one delivery. We will deliver directly to the delivery address specified in your order. We cannot deliver items within the same order to multiple addresses. Deliveries will be made to your door. We are not responsible for any additional carrying or positioning of products ordered.
Packaging, Handling & Delivery services
Delivery will be through Royal Mail.
For other destination, please contact us for a quote.
Packaging and handling are free.
Please note the following:
- All deliveries require a signature to confirm receipt. If a signature cannot be obtained at your address, the carrier may ask a neighbour to sign for the delivery. Deliveries that require a signature will not be left if a signature cannot be obtained. If the carrier leaves the delivery with a neighbour or at your local post office, they will leave a card for you telling you where it is. You may, when placing your order on-
line, specify a different delivery address than your payment address if that is more convenient for you.
- All delivery time-
scales are approximate and subject to availability. The precise timing of a delivery cannot be specified.
Please remember Eugenie Young is based in the UK and operates only within stated business hours.
Risk and Ownership
Once delivered, the Products ordered will become your responsibility and, except in relation to Products that are damaged or faulty when delivered or have been incorrectly delivered, we will not accept any liability for their loss, damage or destruction after they have been delivered.
Ownership of the Products will only pass to you on: delivery of the Products to you; or us receiving full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products (including delivery charges) whichever is the later.
Tracking your order
Orders will be despatched via Royal Mail. A tracking reference number will be emailed to you to track your parcel via the Royal Mail website when applicable.
If the estimated delivery date passes and you have not received all of your order, please contact us.
Our cancellation, Returns and Refund Policy
Cancellation and Refunds for Goods
Except in relation to the Products specified in the next paragraph, you may cancel your order (or any part of it) in writing at any stage before the Products are delivered to you, and up to 7 days afterwards. You may do so by simply returning the Products in accordance with our returns policy.
You may not cancel your order if the Products consist of health & safety or hygiene issues, unless such Products were damaged or faulty when delivered to you or have been incorrectly delivered.
If you decide to cancel an order after we have despatched the Products, you will be under a duty to return them to us. All such Products should be returned within 30 days after the Products have been delivered to you. Until such time as they are returned, you must retain possession of the Products and take reasonable care of them. You should return the Products to us sealed, unopened, unused, unbroken and in the same condition in which you received them together with the original Product packaging (undamaged and unstained). Please refer to our Returns Procedure below.
After you cancel your order and return the Products, any sum debited by us to your credit/debit card will be refunded in full. We will notify you of your refund via e-
If any Product you purchased is damaged, faulty or incorrect, when delivered to you, we may offer an exchange or refund as appropriate, in accordance with your legal rights. If you believe a Product is faulty, you should contact us in writing by letter or email and return the Product to us within 7 days of receipt. On our receipt of the Product, a refund or replacement will take place immediately. If you have any questions regarding returns, please contact us.
All orders for personalised Vibrational Remedies made to the customer’s request or specification cannot be cancelled.
Rescheduling, Cancellation and Refunds for Services and Vouchers
- Appointments and Remote Treatments
Regarding appointments made directly at the practice, by phone or via emails: cancelled, missed or rescheduled appointments with less than 24 hours notice will be charged for the full amount for that appointment.
Orders for remote treatments can be cancelled or rescheduled with a written (email) 24 hours notice providing the service has not already started or been completed. All cancelled remote treatments will be reimbursed within 30 days from our receipt of your written cancellation. We will notify you of your refund via e-
Vouchers cannot be cancelled. Vouchers are not redeemable for cash, and Eugenie Young is under no liability should the voucher be lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
Our policy on cancellations, returns and refunds does not affect your statutory legal rights.
- Please contact us in writing by letter or email and return the Product within 7 days of receipt.
- Please enter the quantity and names of the items you are returning and explain the reason for returning them.
- Please confirm whether you would like a refund or an exchange on the item.
- Take the parcel to your local Post Office. Please keep the Parcel Summary displaying your order details for your reference and quote your order reference specified there on all correspondence.
- Forward an original proof of postage costs for refund of your postage costs. We will not refund your postage costs with a photocopy of a receipt.
- Please address all returns to Eugenie Young, 11 Station Road, Blackridge, West Lothian, UK.
Eugenie Young places a great importance on the security of all information associated with its customers, suppliers and contractors. Eugenie Young is committed to complying with Data Protection Act governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us. Eugenie Young respects the anonymity and privacy of its users.
Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations by Eugenie Young:
- Details of transactions you carry out through this website (the Site) and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site, including, but not limited to, information provided at the time of requesting or subscribing to any service or becoming a registered user or if you enter any competition or promotion sponsored by us;
- Information if you choose to complete one of our on-
line questionnaires which run on the Site from time to time;
- Communications between us (phone, emails, letters, faxes, etc.)
- Details of your visits to the Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and the resources that you access.