What Is Counselling?
Counselling is a therapy that allows you to express and talk through your concerns and feelings. This is very therapeutic in itself, as it allows you to process and release some of the emotional tension.
Together, we will then search for the best ways to deal with your issues. We will look at the problematic situation from different angles. Most important, we will examine your perception of it, as very often, even the slightest change in perception of a situation can fundamentally change the emotional response. Thus restoring your peace of mind naturally and quickly.
What can counselling help with?
Counselling can help you cope with:
- a mental health condition, such as depression, anxiety or an eating disorder
- an upsetting physical health condition, such as infertility
- a difficult life event, such as a bereavement, a relationship breakdown or work-related stress
- difficult emotions – for example, low self-esteem or anger, and
- other issues, such as sexual identity
Read more on counselling and the issues it can help you with here.
What to Expect from a Counselling Session?
At your appointment, we will talk about your difficulties, feelings and emotions. You will be listened (and heard) without judgement or criticism.
I will help you gain a better understanding of your situation, feelings and thought processes, and support you in finding your own solutions to your problems.
Where Will my Sessions Take place?
Your appointment can be:
- face to face in my clinic
- over the phone
- by email
- online through live chat services, such as Skype and Whatsup
How Many Sessions Do I Need?
Your issue may be resolved within a single session or it may take a few appointments. Usually, you will have a clearer picture of how many treatments you require after your first appointment.